I’ve got to have a plan. For everything. My life is too hectic to just roll with each day. One way I plan is through the use of lists. Lists keep me focused and productive. Here is my list of “11 Things You Should Do Today That’ll Make Your Life Better Forever!” Pick one or more of these and do them today.
1. Send a handwritten note to a great friend or loved one.
2. Clip and send an article of interest to someone you know who might appreciate it.
3. Talk to a close family member and ask what else you can do to help them reach their goals.
Send a thank-you note (or gift) to someone who…
4. Send a thank-you note (or gift) to someone who has helped you along the way. (For example – I’m going to send a thank you note to all the groomsmen in my wedding for being there on one of the best days of my life. If one of you guys reads this before you get my note – pretend you’re surprised.)
5. Set up a lunch with someone you don’t know that well. Start a new friendship.
6. Spend at least 30 minutes thinking of some new, awesome idea that makes something better. The best things in life have yet to be created. (I still remember the person who told me that there was no need to keep developing & testing new medicines because we already had all we needed. This was in the early 1990s. This led to an argument that lasted deep into the night.)
8. Come up with your list of your top 10, 20, or 30 friends. Rotate through the list – text one person from your list a joke or interesting question every other day. Here’s a question of mine: “Am I wrong for thinking English Bulldogs are infinitely superior to French Bulldogs?” Do not send the same person a second joke or question until you’ve gone through the entire list. Do this for a year and your friendships will become richer and more fulfilling.
Am I wrong for thinking English Bulldogs are…
9. Exercise with a friend or family member.
10. Call a client or friend you haven’t talked to in 1+ years.
11. Come up with your own list of eleven things life has taught you. This list will energize you, motivate you and let you know that the best is yet to come.
Life is what you make it. These 11 action steps – when taken by you – can make your life better, forever.
Remember – You DO deserve to live a great life.
Darryl L. Mobley
Joke answer: “A stick.”
PS: If you want to see how Coach Mobley can help you reach your life goals and live your best life, go to SuccessMojo.com.
PPS: Get Coach Mobley’s free weekly “Live Your Best Life!” newsletter by Clicking Here Now.
PPPS: Send your questions to Coach Mobley by Clicking Here Now.